With occasional reflection on the perpetual absurdity/intrigue of life and society in general.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Onion - Marijuana Use Triples Among Gary



I am by no means posting this article with the intent of making any sort of socio/political statement or imposing argument, although i take no offense to the notion. I find the Onion to be engaging satire that never fails to amuse with a hybrid blend of high intellect, keen observation, and absolutely ridiculous slapstick. I have nothing but respect for what they do - thoroughly entertaining and insightful mock-journalism, particularly during political seasons. This is one of the more amusing Onion articles that i have read in a while. Actually, I laughed out loud quite a few times and you will too, especially if you know Gary.

Not to mention, I stumbled upon the realization that they are based out of Madison, Wisconsin on my last cross-country road trip. This simply adds to their independent aura, as Madison is one of the rare gems amongst midsize American towns - free-thinking, progressive, culturally aware, and naturally beautiful.

No comments: