With occasional reflection on the perpetual absurdity/intrigue of life and society in general.

Friday, January 28, 2022

Titane - Featured Film of Interest - Winner of the 2021 Cannes Film Festival Palme d'Or

Titane, directed by Julia Ducournau and winner of the 2021 Palme d'Or at Cannes, is my most anticipated film of 2021.  Though it was released in October, I have yet to see it due to zero opportunity.  I'm hoping for a local theater screening in the upcoming months (Violet Crown, please), but have yet to see notice of one.  I do not think it is yet streaming, but if it is, I'm pretty certain that I will hold out for the big screen.  I may have to travel a bit, Richmond/DC style.  For those of my friends and colleagues in major markets and larger cities that have had the chance to see Titane, well, keep it quiet - you already know I'm jealous.


Director Julia Ducournau after her win
'Titane - an outlandish film packed full of sex and violence - has won the top award at the 2021 Cannes Film Festival.

Director Julie Ducournau is only the second woman to receive the Palme d'Or and the first female to win it alone.'



Links:  

BBC - Cannes Film Festival:  Titane wins top Palme d'Or prize 

The Guardian - Julia Ducournau:  "Women Kicked serious ass this year"

No comments: