With occasional reflection on the perpetual absurdity/intrigue of life and society in general.

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Outkast - 'Player's Ball' - Song for the Day

Cullen's recent Optical Files #12 post inspired me to revisit an album that was pinnacle to my youthful musical evolution.  Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik isn't just one of the coolest album titles of all time. The debut album by the Outkast, as well as the follow up, ATLiens, were the most significant albums to me personally in opening the doors of hip hip.  They remain my most listened to hip hop duo, and Andre 3000 perhaps my favorite MC.  Enjoy the video and song for the day, from a very youthful Outkast (1994).  It still blows my mind how young they were to release such an intensely innovative album.


Links:  

No comments: