With occasional reflection on the perpetual absurdity/intrigue of life and society in general.

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

2018 Virginia Film Festival - Program Announced and Tickets Available Now

150 Films in four days

VAFF two years back - I was privileged enough to be in attendance.

A taste of this year's program:

The Favourite
Green Book
Rafiki

That should be about enough to get some energy brewing for the film lovers out there.  I'm getting down right giddy after finally figuring out my four day schedule.  Well, mostly - still some tough debates on unfortunate overlaps for me.  Not a terrible problem to have.

I will be writing more about the 31st Annual Virginia Film Festival, 2018 as a featured festival in upcoming posts.  It is held in my city of residence, Charlottesville, VA, much of it walking distance from my home.  No surprise, it's my favorite time of the year to be a local.

The films have been announced and tickets went on sale yesterday - Monday, 10/08 at noon.  Some films have sold out, but most screenings still have tickets available.  The program looks dense with quality and intrigue, and there is more than enough for any film lover, cinephile or film student alike to fill a full festival experience.  There are also plenty of good choices for those that want to dip in for just a film or two.

Yaaaaay!  It's film festival time in my home town.

Links:  VAFF Homepage and 2018 Program Announcement

No comments: