With occasional reflection on the perpetual absurdity/intrigue of life and society in general.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Marlon Brando - Images of Cool and Relevant Quotes









“Acting is the expression of a neurotic impulse. It's a bum's life. The principal benefit acting has afforded me is the money to pay for my psychoanalysis.”

“An actor is at most a poet and at least an entertainer.”

“People ask that a lot. They say, 'What did you do while you took time out ?' - as if the rest of my life is taking time out. But the fact is, making movies is time out for me because the rest, the nearly complete whole, is what's real for me. I'm not an actor and haven't been for years. I'm a human being - hopefully a concerned and somewhat intelligent one - who occasionally acts.”

“If there's anything unsettling to the stomach, it's watching actors on television talk about their personal lives.”

“The only thing an actor owes his public is not to bore them.”

“If we are not our brother's keeper, at least let us not be his executioner”

No comments: